LIQUID HOME FIBRE (GPON) TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please note that we are adjusting our tariffs effective 14th April 2023, the same has been necessitated by various factors including introduction of excise duty on internet services by tax authority. Kindly note that we have also increased our bandwidth on all packages. Liquid’s Fibre (GPON) pricing and speeds will be as follows:
||Maximum Package Speed
|Family Entertainment (Home Basic)
|Modern Family (Home Super)
|Power Pack (Home Premium)
|Micro Office (Business Basic)
|Small Office (Business Super
|Office Premium (Business Premium)
|Big Blue 5
|Big Blue 10
|Big Blue 15
|Big Blue 25
|Big Blue 35
|Bug Blue 50
|Big Blue 100
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies (“Liquid”) offers uncapped fibre internet which is called Liquid Fibre as a part of its products.
- This contract shall be governed in accordance with the law of Zambia.
- Deployment of the uncapped fibre internet connection is subject to a fibre feasibility survey.
- The customer will have to bear a one-off connection fee valued at ZMW 1,000.00.
- The customer will have to bear a one-off cost for the indoor unit (modem) valued at ZMW 750.00 including VAT.
- The customer will have to bear a one-off cost charged per KM (Kilometre) in the instance that there is need for the fibre to be extended beyond the existing point of access.
- All new connections will receive a free month of service in the second month of subscription. The customer shall, however, be required to pay for their selected package for the first months and subsequent months.
- The customer will need to inform Liquid of their intention to relocate or terminate the service in writing.
- An amount of ZMW 2,600.00 shall be charged for all customer relocations except where fibre exists in new location.
- The service as a prepaid service and therefore the customer is expected to make payment before use of service. The service charge shall run for a period of 30 days from the date of payment. All service charges must be paid before use of the service.
- The customer accepts that they are knowingly and willingly signing up for the package that they have selected, by clicking the indicated box and the same shall run for a period of twelve (12) months, thereafter automatically renewable from year to year.
- The customer acknowledges that there will be need for the installers/contractors to trench on the property to lay the fibre underground, after which restoration of the grounds will be done by the same contractor and hereby consents to the same and forgoes any claim for liability on the part of Liquid for the said damage that may result.
- If the Customer is not the owner of the premises where the service is required, the Customer must obtain the necessary permission from the owner and the customer hereby indemnifies Liquid against all damages or claims resulting from the failure to obtain such permission relating to the installation and/or removal of the service.
- The Customer shall allow Liquid free access to their premises during reasonable hours to inspect, install, maintain, or remove telecommunications facilities or equipment.
- The service shall be deemed to be in good working order unless and until Liquid is advised otherwise by the Customer.
- Liquid shall not be liable for any damage done to any equipment used by the Customer in connection with this contract, whether that be due to misuse by the Customer, power fluctuations, lightning strikes, flood or power fluctuations or any other cause whatsoever.
- Liquid shall not incur any liability for any loss or damages arising out of the provision, installation or maintenance of the service, whether direct or indirect, consequential or contingent and in particular shall not be liable for any financial loss or loss of profits, income, contracts, business or goodwill.
- The customer acknowledges that the installation of the service can take up to 14 working days and is aware that events beyond Liquid’s control may delay the delivery of service within stipulated period. Liquid shall notify the customer in the event of foreseen delay of delivery.
- The customer agrees to make good of all payments by way of deposit in the bank account of Liquid at Stanbic Bank Zambia – Main Branch Bank Account: 9130001691051 OR alternatively at a Liquid Intelligent Technologies retail shop OR via the MyLiquid App available in the Google Play Store and Apple App Stores.
- The service is a prepaid and therefore the customer is expected to make payment before use of service at the beginning of the month.
- The customer shall upon making payment via online platforms or bank transfer indicate the customer account number as reference to enable Liquid to accurately identify the account to which the payment must apply. Failure to indicate accurate reference will result in payment received only being allocated to your account upon physical production of proof of payment.
- The customers agree that if the payments are not made by the due date as agreed on the order form the services will be suspended by Liquid and Liquid shall be entitled to retain all payments made so far and to recover the outstanding amounts and/or remaining service charges set out in the Service Order Form, for the remainder of the period of the contract.
- All costs and disbursements, including legal costs on an attorney and client scale, incurred by Liquid in consequence of any default on the part of the Customer and in recovering all amounts due to Liquid, and all collection commission due, shall be borne by the Customer and shall be paid by the Customer to Liquid on demand.
- The customer acknowledges that prices are subject to change with due notice. Notice shall be deemed to have been served on the customer by sending an email to the address provided upon sign up.
- This service is governed by a Fair Use Policy, the contents of which are available on the Liquid retail website: https://zm.retail.liquid.tech/home/usage.
- All disputes arising out of or relating to this contract including disputes as to the meaning of interpretation of any provision of this contract or as to the carrying into effect of any such provisions or as to the quantification or determination of any amount of thing required to be determined or quantified in terms of or pursuant to this contract, may be determined by a court of competent jurisdiction in Zambia.
- Either party shall be entitled to terminate this contract by written notice to the other in the event that: The other commits a breach of the terms and conditions of this agreement, all of which are declared to be material and fails to remedy the breach within Fourteen (14) days of the receipt of a written notice calling upon it to remedy the breach complained of; or the other party commits an act of insolvency or is placed under a provisional or final winding up or judicial management order or if such other party makes an assignment for the benefit of the creditors, or fails to satisfy or take steps to have set aside any judgment taken against it within seven (7) days after such judgment has come to its notice.
- Liquid shall not be responsible for any breach, failure or delay in performing any obligation if such failure or delay is due to an act of God, war, fire, strike, accident, governmental acts or requirements, or other causes, either similar or dissimilar to the foregoing, beyond the party’s control.
- Wi-Fi coverage is unique to every House/Building, Liquid will use its best efforts to provide useful and reliable internet service. As a customer you acknowledge that Wi-Fi utilizes public, unlicensed radio-frequency spectrum. As such, Wi-Fi is subject to external interferences, environmental influences and other factors and variables beyond our reasonable control. Performance and coverage may be affected by:
- Transmission and download speed accuracy;
- Network congestion by other devices on your network;
- Performance of your computer, tablets, PCs, Smartphones and other devices, configuration, and functionality of your Wi-Fi devices and wireless cards (including, but not limited to memory, storage and other limitations);
- Physical obstructions and distances between your Wi-Fi Access point and the Wi-Fi Network. This maybe you are building design, construction materials and the distance to intended coverage areas, especially to outdoor areas and detached buildings;
- Availability of electric power;
- Transmission and equipment limitations, failures, maintenance or repair;
- User error
- Wi-Fi may also be interrupted, refused, limited or curtailed for these reasons. We are not responsible for data lost or misdirected due to these and other foreseeable and unforeseeable factors. Network speed is an estimate and is no indication of the speed at which your Wi-Fi device will operate.
- In certain circumstances, repeaters are required to extend Wi-Fi Coverage. Extension of Wi-Fi coverage outside the default coverage of the CPE provided is at customer cost.